Thursday, April 14, 2011

Deaf...Blind and Dumb??

I once dated a deaf guy. He had been completely in love with me for about 2 years, so I found myself single and figured what the hell.. so we went out. Now mind you, he couldn't hear at all, but he could speak and read lips, so it was all good..unless it was dark out..which I soon found out. Our first date, he took me out to a nice dinner, we talked, had a good time. The second date we went out to dinner, went to the bar, had a good time..The third date. The third date was a problem. We were getting along famously, we really were, and I was surprised that I liked him as much as I did.. Well, that night we took it easy, went for a walk around his neighborhood, held hands, kissed a few times..it got to be dusk, which turns to dark quite fast. We were sitting on his front porch, I was on his lap, and I said, "I love the fact that you can speak despite your being deaf." He said, "I love you, too." Huh? Well, I was too embarrassed to correct him at this point, I mean according to him, I had just professed my undying love to him.. Long story short, we dated for 9 months before I broke it off. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment